ENG: Using the new era for change: Good helmsmen and helmswomen also learn in the storm
The new era does not stop at controlling. The 47th ICV Congress of Controllers is therefore once again tackling the current challenges. The annual highlight of the European controlling events on May 15/16 in Munich: dealing with cost and price increases, corporate planning in uncertain and volatile markets and climate change, "in which we must not lose any more time".
This is how the ICV Chairman Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler summed up the Congress focus 2023. Under the motto "New era in management and controlling. Opportunities and solutions", those responsible at the ICV also make it clear to everyone involved in the corporate management environment after the difficult previous years: "Crises and upheavals always offer great opportunities - and the good helmsman or the good helmswomen can only be recognized in the storm”. Heimo Losbichler therefore recommends, in addition to exchanging experiences, securing a knowledge advantage in the area. And invites you to the tried and proved controlling Congress.
The focus of the two event mornings will be on keynotes and lectures. In the afternoon, different focal points are set in the parallel topic clusters. "Cost and price management in the stagflation environment" offers lectures on the controlling roadmap in inflation, on modern corporate planning and on resilient supply chains; "Successful sustainability controlling in practice" shows how sustainability goals are implemented at the Swiss Emmi Group. The technological change towards sustainability is presented using the example of the car industry. The path from non-financial reporting to proactive sustainability performance management can also be followed and understood in the lecture.
The third topic cluster of the 47th Congress of Controllers deals in detail with the question of whether planning has to say goodbye to old habits. Supporting software solutions are presented as well as findings from a survey on planning practice. Visitors will also learn how to generate a competitive advantage with planning and forecasting.
The morning lectures are dedicated to "Better growth" - the pursuit of commercial excellence in all areas, as well as transformation, shown on the "giant" Deutsche Bahn AG and based on experiences and insights from medium-sized companies: How transformation is understood as a constant and integrated in the CFO agenda as an indispensable basis to "put the horsepower on the road". The role of controlling in view of the change in strategy and culture in business transformation is also highlighted.
The focal points of cost and price management as well as sustainability from the topic clusters appear again in the lectures on sustainability at Telefónica and a lecture on price developments and inflation, taking into account the influence of geopolitical factors, cost levers, the role of controlling and the value of digital tools. The visitors of the Congress will also learn how to actively shape the energy turnaround and how to traslate the strategy into performance measurement.
The last lecture at the Congress of Controllers is traditionally less devoted to controlling, more to controllers. This year it is about digital stress with its facets and effects and how to reduce and manage it.
Of course, a highlight will also be set in 2023 with presenting the ICV Controlling Excellence Award as part of the Congress. Finally, the winning team provides exclusive insights into a successfully implemented controlling project and thus gives visitors of the meeting in Munich further tips and food for thought for their own professional practice to take home with them.
Top-class speakers provide impulses in keynotes and topic clusters, also for experience exchange. They are available on-site for questions and discussions:
- Dr. Kay-Uwe May, Head of Transformation, Performance Management and Organisation, Deutsche Bahn AG
- Carina Brehm, Vice President Business Strategy Grid Technologies, Siemens Energy AG
- Fabian Egger, Head of Finance, Emmi Schweiz AG
- Alexander Bauer, Head of Controlling, Emmi Schweiz AG
- Matthias von Daacke, Managing Director/Head of Global Controlling, BLANCO Group
- Hans Jürgen Kalmbach, CEO, Hansgrohe Group
- Dr. Günter Lubos, Member of the Executive Board, Dr. Wieselhuber & Partner GmbH
- Dr. rer. pol. Dietmar Voggenreiter, Senior Advisor Competence Center Automotive, Horváth & Partner GmbH
- Dr. Andreas von der Gathen, CEO, Simon-Kucher & Partners Strategy & Marketing Consultants GmbH
- Dr.-Ing. Sylvia Trage Director, Consulting, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- Prof. Dr. René Riedl, e.g. Professor for Digital Business & Innovation, FH OÖ, Campus Steyr
- Prof. Dr. Werner Gleißner, Board, FutureValue Group AG
- Jens Ropers, Partner, CA controller akademie
- Markus Rolle, CFO, Telefónica Germany GmbH & Co. OHG
- Andrea Kämmler-Burrak, Principal, Horváth & Partner GmbH
- Dr. Christian Fuchs, Senior Analyst Data & Analytics, BARC GmbH
- Connor Thomas, Presales Head EMEA-S, msg Analytics, msg global solutions Iberia
- Michael Kappes, Partner at Horváth (Management consultancy), Horváth & Partner GmbH
- Dr. Andreas Matje, freelance consultant and trainer, AMBC Dr. Andreas Matje
- Oliver Knapp, Global Co-Head of Operations, Roland Berger GmbH
Networking with the who's who in European controlling
Numerous exhibitors enrich the offer on-site. They present controlling-relevant products and services in the foyer of the Westin Grand Munich Congress hotel. Atvisio Consult, with Workday - the main sponsor of the ICV Controlling Excellence Award, will be there again with the Managing Director Peter Bluhm to conduct interviews with speakers and controlling personalities for atvisio.tv. Networking and personal exchange are at the top of the agenda at the expert meeting of the European who-is-who in controlling. There is plenty of time for this during coffee breaks, at lunch, at Happy Hour including "Meet the Experts!" and of course at the legendary "Controllers’ Beer Garden" with buffet and jazz band.
The ICV is looking forward to the face-to-face meeting, for which the corona regulations that will then apply will be observed in order to ensure the health safety of the visitors on site.
VISUALS FOR ILLUSTRATION CAN BE FOUND ON THIS PAGE IN DIFFERENT FORMATS FOR DOWNLOAD DIRECTLY