The International Association of Controlles in annual reviews
Annual review 2021
- For 2021, the ICV Think Tank has chosen the main topic “Service-oriented business models”. During the course of the year, the “Think Tank Quarterly” newsletter reports work results in German and English.
- “Center for Performance Management & Controlling” (CPMC) at the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management and ICV agree on a cooperation at the beginning of the year.
- 2nd lockdown at the beginning of the year with discussions about the home office. The ICV Expert Work Group “Future of Work” conducts a quick survey on practices in the company's controlling departments.
- New ICV corporate memberships at the beginning of the year: Isabellenhütte Heusler GmbH & Co. KG, WAGO ELWAG sp. z o.o., Lafarge Cement S.A. and Eurofins NDSC Food Testing Germany GmbH.
- University cooperation between the ICV Work Group Westphalia and the TH Ostwestfalen-Lippe: In the Master’s degree in Management of medium-sized enterprises, students present their semester papers to a Jury.
- The ICV Communications Team publishes social media instructions online for ICV members.
- Group-wide collaboration is the topic of the ICV Live Webinar “NewWork@ G+D” with Pia Burkarth on February 23
- A1 Telekom Austria, Bosch Group and KUKA Deutschland GmbH have been nominated by the ICV Jury for the ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2021.
- Hochschule Fresenius for Management, Business and Media GmbH, Campus Hamburg (HSF HH), and the ICV sign a cooperation agreement.
- On International Women's Day on March 8, “Gender Equality - Equal Pay” is the topic of the ICV Live Webinar with Uta Zech.
- Anniversary: The ICV Work Group Stuttgart is holding its 75th meeting online on March 11.
- ICV Live Webinar on March 24 in the series “AI - and the human factor?” with Dirk Radsziwill on the subject of “Change Management in the Environment of Digital Transformation and Lean Improvement”.
- At the Wirtschaftszeitung Forum Controlling 2021, “New Work in Controlling & Finance”, on March 28 (online, in cooperation with the ICV), Pia Burkhardt is the main speaker, co-speaker: Jens Ropers.
- In cooperation with Fraunhofer IAO and Detect Value AG the ICV online survey. The results are incorporated into the “Future of Work in Controlling” topic cluster at the 45th Congress of Controllers.
- New ICV Expert Work Group "RPA - Robotic Process Automation" starts under the direction of Nicolas Hess.
- ICV online workshop “Build a Bot” with RPA provider Servicetrace for members on April 20.
- Europe's leading controlling conference, the 45th Congress of Controllers, on April 26/27: The Chairman of the organizer, the ICV, Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler describes the first ever online Congress with 400 participants as a “more than successful premiere”
- At the Congress on April 26, the ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2021 is given to Bosch for the concept “Controller of the Future - People make the Difference!”.
- The ICV welcomes further corporate memberships: Drumet Liny i Druty sp. z o.o., Hoist Finance AB (publ), OneStream Software LLC, smartPM.solutions GmbH, Winkelmann Sp.z o.o., Erste Bank a.d. Novi Sad and linkFISH Consulting GmbH.
- ICV publishes Dream Car Report of the Think Tank 2019/2020 on a burning topic: "Always remaining on track - How the controlling navigates companies through times of crisis".
- On the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the first ICV Wokr Group in Croatia, a conversation with Jasmina Očko, Head of the Work Group Croatia, can be read in the ICV ControllingBlog.
- Theses by Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer on the future of controlling attracts more than 160 participants to the English-language "UNDER CONTROL ICV Live Webinar" organized by ICV Poland on May 12.
- "Company valuation as a means to (controlling) goals" - a successful relaunch of the ICV Expert Work Group Company Valuation on May 19 with Prof. Dr. Robert C. Schmidt and Christian Bramkamp overwritten - successful.
- The new ICV Expert Work Group „Digital Controlling Competence", headed by Alexander Hein, starts with a kick-off on May 21.
- ICV Live Webinar "RPA: Women in Technology" on May 26 with Ronja Lesiw, Lisa Epping and Kea Marleen Lampe.
- In its series of publications, the ICV publishes guidelines for the preparation of business decisions (Business Judgment Rule). Well-known ICV experts are part of the team of authors.
- “Management in the VUCA world” is the title of the ICV Live Webinar on June 1 with Marco Betz.
- ICV Live Webinar “Company Valuation for Controllers” on June 18 with Prof. Stefan Behringer.
- "What AI can really do and what (yet) not", explains Prof. Dr. Tobias Brendel in the ICV Live Webinar on June 22
- The virtual ICV General Meeting on June 24 looks back on a "very special year 2020, in which the ICV was active and successful despite corona restrictions". Eberhard Schwarz is re-elected as auditor.
- With AEP Solutions GmbH, Heuberger Eloxieranstalt GmbH, CONSORG SA, Coop Genossenschaft, Endress + Hauser Management AG, FLT - Krasnik SA, fme AG, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Center CPMC, Personio GmbH, propport data GmbH , Wood - Mizer Industries sp. z o.o. the ICV welcomes further corporate members.
- In a campaign initiated by Dragica Erčulj and Annegret Glöckner, the ICV focuses on Slovenia as a business location, especially for corporate members.
- ICV publishes White Paper "Innovation: Leap into the Future - Steps to Successfully Building an Innovation Culture" by the ICV Expert Work Group on Innovation Management. The “Controller Magazin” publishes an interview with Siegfried Gänßlen about it.
- A Future Workshop of the ICV Expert Work Group "Future of Work" takes place online on July 15 with Dr. Jörg Thienemann and Prof. Dr. Thomas Falter.
- ICV Live Webinar "Cost Management - Results and Recommendations from a Current European Study" on July 27 with Prof. Dr. Ronald Gleich.
- The new Head of the ICV Expert Work Group Digital Transformation is Dr. Nadia Vazquez Novoa, who succeeds Reinoud van der Vliet.
- Rudolf Rieger, co-founder of the ICV with membership number 8, dies in July at the age of 92.
- Initiated by the ICV Work Group Silver Professionals Switzerland, the ICV is now inviting members - mentors and mentees - to the ICV Mentoring Program. From now on, it is intended to promote the exchange of industry newcomers and experts.
- ICV Live Webinar "Agility in Controlling" on August 31 with Marie-Luise Lehmann and Prof. Dr. Ulrich Egle.
- In a „Controlling-Berater“ Interview, ICV Board Member Claudia Maron and ICV Honorary Member Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Péter Horváth focus on sustainability controlling.
- “Stronger than ever” is the title of the English-language Controller Magazin Special 2021, in which the ICV focuses on its activities in non-German-speaking countries.
- At the beginning of September, the new ICV Work Group Skopje, headed by Mitka Mojsovska, starts with a workshop with 40 participants.
- ICV Live Webinar "Decision-making templates for corporate management" on September 13 with Prof. Dr. Gleissner.
- Start of the ICV autumn conferences on September 17/18 in Schwerin: the ICV North-East Conference brings together the Germany North and East regions in presence.
- At the North-East Conference on September 18, Ali-Rabab Qureshi receives the ICV Newcomer Award for his master thesis “Developing an Early Warning System to Improve Proactive Risk Management in Non-Financial Companies”.
- On September 22, the Green Controlling Award of the Péter Horváth Foundation in cooperation with the ICV goes to BASF for their method of calculating the product-related CO2 footprint.
- The ICV Health Care Forum Austria takes place in two parts for the first time: The start on September 23 as a half-day online conference is to be completed by another event in spring 2022.
- Simply add it to the shopping cart, pay and then download the series, white paper or study as a PDF: the ICV Online Shop for ICV publications has started.
- Jörg Hanken, Head of the ICV Expert Work Group “Transfer Pricing Management - Interface Controlling / Taxes”, has been nominated by WirtschaftsWoche as one of the best experts for the digitization of tax departments.
- “How do you actually become Head of Controlling?” is the topic of the ICV Young Finance Professionals Meet-up on October 5 with Klaus Schlesinger.
- The hybrid 15th CIA Controlling Intelligence Adventure held in Polish and English on October 11/12 in Warsaw is successful with over 250 participants.
- At the 2nd Controlling & Performance Management Dialogue of the Frankfurt School of Finance & Management on October 18, the ICV experts Prof. Dr. Ronald Gleich, Claudia Maron and Marie-Luise Lehmann are the speakers.
- Sino-German Controlling Forum as a face-to-face event on the subject of “Controlling & Controllers in the Post-Pandemic Era” on October 22 in Suzhou.
- The CTS Controller Conference Switzerland takes place on October 27 in Rotkreuz (CH).
- In October, the long-standing ICV Chairman, Dr. Wolfgang Berger-Vogel celebrates his 80th birthday.
- "Organizational Resilience" is the title of the ICV Live Webinar on November 10 with Frank Ahlrichs and Holger Hildebrand.
- The ICCC International Controlling Conference Croatia on November 11/12 takes place online.
- The ICV is gold partner of the Management & Controlling Congress ManCon on November 16
- Opportunities and limits of agile controlling are the topic of the 17th CAB Controlling Advantage Bonn on November 18 in Bonn.
- The Young Finance Professionals Meet-up on November 18 with Tobias Stein deals with “How the Subscription Economy is Changing Controlling”.
- The 20th CIS Controlling Insights Steyr on November 19 has to take place online at short notice due to the corona pandemic that flares up again. The jubilee conference will highlight challenges in and for the post-covid era with a focus on sustainability, digitization and corporate planning.
- The 19th CCS Controlling Competence in the Spaces on November 25 enables 200 participants to experience finance and controlling in three dimensions in the virtual learning and working world of SPACES.
- The new Head of the ICV Work Group Slovenia is Sebastian Lipovsek as the successor to Dragica Erčulj.
- The ICV Expert Work Group “Green Controlling for Responsible Business” publishes its new white paper “EU Taxonomy for Sustainable Finance”.
- Prof. Dr. Ronald Gleich and Dr. Jan Christoph Munck from the ICV Think Tank present the findings of the Dream Car report "Always remaining on track - How the controlling navigates companies through times of crisis" in the ICV Live Webinar on December 7. Carl Braun reports from company practice.
- Scrum is the focus topic of the International Work Group in the 4th quarter.
- In the last weeks of 2021, the ICV welcomes new corporate members: Cubewise Poland sp z o.o., Objectivity Sp. z o.o., Taxcoach sp. z o.o., roosi GmbH, EBS University for Economics and Law gGmbH, ZOLLERN GmbH & Co. KG; since 2022: Stadtwerke Ludwigsburg- Kornwestheim GmbH, Die Schweizerische Post AG - Finance, Curtis Health Caps S.A.
Annual review 2020
- The joint project of SAP & the ICV "Next Generation Finance Benchmarking" starts.
- The ICV Young Finance Professionals initiative starts with a survey on the future Online Platform.
- ICV Board Meeting on January 17/18 in Feldafing with intensive consultations on the 2020 annual plan.
- ICV expert work group web seminar "Digital Transformation" on January 23 with the Head of the expert work group Digital Transformation Reinoud van der Vliet.
- The joint controlling work group of the German – Russian Chamber of Commerce and the ICV meets on January 22 in St. Petersburg.
- As part of the ICV cooperation with the OstwestfalenLippe University of Applied Sciences (OWL), semester papers are awarded on 23.01
- On January 31 the application phase for the ICV Excellence Award 2020 ends.
- Annegret Glöckner starts her voluntary work as the ICV Executive Advisor for Corporate Members.
- The Jury for the ICV Controlling Excellence Award under the direction of Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Jürgen Weber takes up the work in a new team (Prof. Dr. Ute Vanini, Jens Bieniek succeed Hubert Tretter and Hillert Onnen). Also in the Jury: Roland Iff and Prof. Dr. Andreas Seufert.
- The latest newsletter from the ICV Think Tank gives an insight into the current state of work on the main topic “Controlling in times of crisis”.
- Once again the ICV welcomes new corporate members: Controlling Investments Sp.z o.o., DEKPOL S.A., Dosenbach-Ochsner AG, E.S.G. Sp. z o.o., Espersen Sp. z.o.o., GEMÜ Group, Global-Exact, Krajowy Depozyt Papierow Wartosciowych S.A., MACH AG, Telekom Srbija, ORLEN Asfalt Sp. z o.o., Politechnika Czestochowska, TU (PL), SAP Poland, Sun Garden Polska, Sp. z o.o. Sp. K., WITTE Automotive GmbH.
- For the ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2020, the ICV Jury nominates A1 Telekom Austria, BASF and Pixum.
- On March 17 "in view of the rapid development of the last few days" the ICV Board cancels the 45th Congress of Controllers on April 27/28. The leading controlling conference in Europe is to take place at a later date in the tried and tested quality.
- The Forum Controlling by the Regensburg Wirtschaftszeitung from 19.03. is canceled at short notice.
- On March 19, the controlling supplement of the Mittelbayerische Zeitung appears, an annual joint effort with the ICV.
- On March 20 the ControllerPanel, a WHU initiative in cooperation with the ICV, starts a corona flash survey.
- Lockdown I on March 22: The federal and state governments agree on strict exit and contact restrictions in Germany.
- The ICV Communications Team sets up the "Tools & Tips for Times of the (Corona) Crisis" area on the ICV website at the beginning of April and calls for cooperation.
- Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler, Chairman of the ICV and the Vice Chairman Matthias von Daacke explain the background to the postponement of the Congress in the “Performance Manager Podcast”.
- ICV Health Care Conference Switzerland - GTS 2020, announced for April 2 in Zurich, is initially postponed to July 2, 2020, and later canceled completely.
- Dr. Rainer Vieregge, meritorious founder and Head of ICV work groups, dies on 4.04
- The Polish conference 14th Controlling Intelligence Adventure Congress - CIA 2020 planned for April 6/7 in Poznan – is postponed to September 14/15.
- The General Meeting called for April 26 in Munich is postponed, will be held on May 28 as an online event.
- The 45th Congress of Controllers, planned for April 27/28. in Munich, is postponed.
- The ICV starts on April 27 its "Corona Initiative: By ICV Members for ICV Members" with the exclusive online seminar "Liquidity management & capital requirement calculation with Excel" with Rainer Pollmann. The demand is so great that there are several repeat dates.
- With a live streamed online premiere on April 27 sales of the “Karriere-Bibel” [Carrer Bible] audio book starts through the Performance Manager Podcast from ATVISIO Consult.
- At the turn of the month the “Crisis Special Edition” of the “Think Tank | Quarterly” is ready to download.
- On April 30 Gunnar Helms, Head of the “Compliance Management and Controlling” expert work group, leadst he ICV web seminar “In the corona crisis: the most important (legal) issues - an overview with a checklist”.
- "Resisting the corona crisis: Optimizing working capital" is the title of the web seminar of the ICV expert work group with Frank Ahlrichs, Head of the WG "Quality and Controlling" on May 12.
- "Resisting the corona crisis: Corporate planning and evaluation" is the title of the web seminar of the ICV expert work group with Stefanos Karagiannidis, Head of WG Company Valuation, and Philipp Moecke on May 13.
- On May 19 a web seminar of the ICV Think Tank "Resisting the Corona Crisis: Crisis Management & Controlling" takes place with Claudia Maron, ICV Board Member, Christoph Munck and Stefan Tobias.
- The results of the 2nd Corona Flash Survey by the ControllerPanel are presented on May 20 (German) and on May 28 (English).
- On May 25 an online meeting of the expert work group Project Controlling takes place for the first time. The English-language web seminar under the direction of Head of the expert WG and Nausica is also the initial meeting for a new ICV network in Romania.
- On May 26 Dr. Georg Schneider, Head of the WG Moscow heads a web seminar "Business in Russia in times of Corona crisis".
- "Resistirás - you will resist!": Members of the ICV International Work Group express their solidarity with Spain, which was hard hit by corona, with an online campaign and where TUGSsal hosted the work group in 2019.
- First virtual ICV General Meeting on May 28 with over 130 participants, including votes and elections. Election of the Board: Siegfried Gänßlen and Karl-Heinz Steinke are followed by Claudia Maron and Markus Steiner. By-election of the Board of Trustees: Successors to Dr. Wolfgang Berger-Vogel and Dr. Richard Lutz are Christina Keindorf and Siegfried Gänßlen. The new Chairman of the Board of Trustees is Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer
- The IGC International Group of Controlling celebrates its 25th anniversary.
- At the Catalan ACCID Congress on June 5 (online) ICV Board Member Claudia Maron speaks.
- Web seminar "The crisis as an accelerator for change" with experts from ICV corporate member Roland Berger, Oliver Knapp and Daniel Geiger, on June 16 in German and on June 18 in English.
- Exclusive ICV web seminar "AI - and the human factor?" for ICV corporate and individual members on June 25 with ICV Executive Advisor Annegret Glöckner.
- Markus Lüscher is the new ICV Regional Delegate for Switzerland to succeed Markus Steiner, who was elected ICV Board Member.
- The ICV expert work group “Future of Work” invites you to a survey “Home Office for ever?” and publishes the results in the ICV ControllingBlog a little later.
- With the July issue, Controller Magazin has a more modern look.
- The “Think Tank | Quarterly“ focuses on risk management and scenario analyzes.
- Further new ICV corporate members at the beginning of summer: Alpiq AG, ARRA GROUP Sp. z o.o. Społka komandytowa, Alfred Kärcher SE & CO KG.
- The ICV expert work group “Green Controlling for Responsible Business” presents a white paper that provides an introduction to the topic of impact measurement for controllers.
- The ICV uses the offer of a free MS Teams license for committees and work groups. The offer is limited to two years.
- The Controller Magazin (issue September / October) appears with the annual English-language supplement “Controlling International”.
- The winner of the ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2020 is announced: BASF with the project “Predictive Analytics approach for financial forecasting on Operating Division level called PACE - Predictive Analytics Estimate”.
- QVANTUM and the ICV jointly check how controllers manage a crisis in an online survey.
- On September 11 the 8th Chinese-German Controlling Forum takes place in Suzhou as a face-to-face event.
- The ICV conference Controlling Intelligence Adventure - CIA 2020 takes place on September 14/15 as a hybrid event in Poznan.
- On September 16 ICV members are for the first time welcome at the virtual CIMA get-together in Frankfurt / Main.
- Business in Russia is the topic of the web seminar with an Head of the work group Moscow, Dr. Georg Schneider, on September 18.
- On 23.09 the Green Controlling Award 2020 of the Péter Horváth Foundation in cooperation with the ICV is awarded to Robert Bosch GmbH for the project "CO2 neutralization of the Bosch Group in 2020".
- The 21st ICV Health Care Forum Austria originally for 24.09 is postponed to 2021.
- On September 30 the Controlling Conference Switzerland - CTS 2020 takes place online due to corona.
- At the end of September, the new expert work group “Agile Controlling” starts in Switzerland under the direction of Prof. Dr. Ulrich Egle and Marie-Luise Lehmann.
The revenue from the sale of the “Karriere-Bibel für Controller” [Carrer Bibile for Controllers], an audio book from the Performance Manager Podcast, exceeds the EUR 3,000 mark and is donated in full to the ICV.
- The International Work Group of the ICV publishes the results of its continuous work in 2020 in the ICV online channels.
- On November 4 - a web seminar by the ICV and corporate member The Hackett Group exclusively for ICV members dedicated to the topic "Successful Controlling: Planning best practices focus".
- The ICV symposium CIB - Controlling Inspiration Berlin on November 7 is an online event for the first time.
- The ICV Newcomer Award 2020 is given to graduates from Berlin, Stockholm and Munich at the CIB; 1st place to Jesper Juul from the HWR Berlin.
- The lnternational Controlling Conference Croatia - ICCC 2020 on 12/13.11. takes place in English as an online event.
- With its innovative 3-D online format with avatars, the 18th CCS Controlling Competence Stuttgart sets new standards on November 26.
- Austria's controlling highlight, Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2020, on November 27, online for the first time.
- At the ICV Management Conference on November 28 executives from five countries discuss.
- The ICV welcomes further corporate members since summer: Rhenus Data Office Polska Sp. z o.o., STEINEL GmbH, LTP-Logistyka Sp. z o.o., Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa S.A., Asseco Solutions AG, Alfred Kärcher SE & CO KG.
- Webcast for the QVANTUM-ICV planning study on December 2 with Matthias von Daacke (Vice Chairman of the ICV Board) and Christoph Magoley (ICV corporate member Thinking Networks AG).
- Gabrielle Heller is the new ICV Regional Delegate South (D) to succeed Claudia Maron, who was elected to the ICV Board.
- The ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2021 is announced.
- On December 15 the last of a total of 36 issues of the “Controlling e-News” for 2020 appears.
Annual review 2019
- Successful premiere: The first ICV expert work group webinar organized by the ICV expert work group "Valuation". Prof. Dr. Georg Heni and Stefanos Karagiannidis as speakers, supported by Dietmar Pascher, CA controller akademie, and ICV Delegate Christian Bramkamp as well as Hans-Peter Sander from the ICV Communications Team.
- ICV Board meeting on January 18/19, on the second day together with the ICV Board of Trustees.
- The "Operations Efficiency Radar 2019" by Roland Berger and the ICV shows a great increase of importance of controlling & finances.
- As part of the cooperation with the Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences, the WG Westfalen awards two teams with the "Trophy of Projects" at the Department of Economics.
- Angelika Münzenmayer starts working as a team assistant at the ICV Office, following Nadine Paworski.
- Succeeding Dr. Rainer Vieregge, Gunnar Helms heads the ICV expert work group "Compliance Management and Controlling".
- Stefanos Karagiannidis takes over the ICV expert work group "Valuation" from Prof. Dr. Georg Heni.
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Schäfer heads the new Swiss ICV expert work group "Digital CFO Agenda - Challenges and Solutions for the Swiss Companies".
- Klaus Schopka is the new Head of the ICV expert work group "Project Controlling" as a successor of Dr. Dietmar Lange.
- Prof. Dr. Wilfried Lux takes over the management of the regional WG Zürich/Ostschweiz from Heike Winter.
- On February 14/15, the ICV expert work group "Future of Work" in Berlin initially works in Kult-Coworking-Space St. Oberholz,then in the SAP AppHaus.
- The ICV expert work group webinar "Compliance Management and Controlling - Corporate Management with Law and Numbers" with the Head of the ICV expert work group Gunnar Helms.
- On March 21 the Wirtschaftszeitung-Forum Controlling in cooperation with the ICV deals with the topic: “Future of Work”. Keynote: Dr. Martin Jochen, Head of Controlling for the Audi brand; ICV speaker: Dr. Rüdiger Eichin, SAP, Head of the ICV expert work group "Future of Work".
- "Controlling of the future" is the topic of the Controlling Supplement 2019 of the "Wirtschaftszeitung" from the publishing house Mittelbayerische Zeitung on March 22, created in cooperation with the ICV, which is also the agenda newspaper for the Munich "Congress of Controllers".
- The ICV Jury headed by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Jürgen Weber nominates three candidates for the "ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2019": Metro AG, Munich Re, Unitymedia GmbH.
- Health Care Conference Switzerland - GTS2019 on March 28 in Zurich proves to be a very successful restart of this event after a break of several years.
- The regional WG Rhein-Neckar celebrates its 10th anniversary at the site of its foundation, at Blanco GmbH in Oberderdingen.
- ICV Digitization Offensive with the 2019 main topic "AI and Controlling" and top topics: BI Enhanced Analytics & AI enabled BI, AI for Enterprise Performance, Data Platform for AI / Data Science starts with the first webinars.
- Meeting of the Heads of the regional ICV work groups from southern Germany in the publishing house of the Mittelbayerische Zeitung, Regensburg.
- ICV expert work group webinar "Communication Controlling" on April 9 with the Deputy Head of the expert WG Rainer Pollmann.
- In the ICV publication series "Excellence in Reporting Design - Guide for Measurably Better Reports" is published.
- 18th Adriatic Controlling Conference "Controlling Intelligence" on April 25/26 in Slovenia.
- A free app for the 44th Congress of Controllers with information about the agenda, speakers, exhibitors and location etc. is available.
- At the 2019 ICV General Meeting on May 12, Jens Bieniek, CFO of BLG LOGISTICS GROUP AG & Co. KG, Bremen, is elected as a new member of the ICV Board of Trustees. He succeeds Hillert Onnen as a trustee.
- On May 12, the ICV co-founder and Honorary Chairman, controlling pioneer, Dr. Dr. h.c. Albrecht Deyhle, celebrates his 85th birthday.
- The 44th Congress of Controllers with 545 participants takes place on May 13/14 under the motto "Prepare for your Future".
- The ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2019 goes to Unitymedia GmbH for the solution: “Value Steering Roadmap, Establishment of a Value-Oriented Management at Unitymedia".
- 9th International Controlling Congress of the Russian Controller Association in Tula with two ICV speakers.
- At the “10th Controlling Conference: Financial Management” on May 22 in Zagreb the ICV Chairman of the Board Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler is a keynote speaker.
- On May 27/28 the Polish congress “Controlling Intelligence Adventure” takes place successfully in Warsaw.
- Sino-German Controlling Forum on May 28 in Shenyang.
- Reinoud van der Vliet takes over the ICV expert work group "Digital Transformation" from Jurate Keblyte.
- ICV experts speak in Barcelona at the annual ACCID Congress.
- On June 7, ICV Board Member Dr. Klaus Eiselmayer is keynote speaker at the 12th International Controlling Conference in Kaliningrad, Russia.
- Sino-German Controlling Forum „Controlling for Efficiency“ on 11.06 in Peking.
- The ICV is a cooperation partner of the 4th Working Capital Management Symposium on June 13 in Düsseldorf.
- The "Green Controlling Award" of the Péter Horváth Foundation in cooperation with the ICV is announced for 2019 with an application deadline until August 15.
- The “ICV International Work Group” is dedicated to a project in Spain in 2019. A video on the WG website reports about the WG meeting at the company TUSGSAL at the end of May.
- In the ICV expert work group "Communication Controlling", on a meeting on June 27/28 the WG Management Team works out a new expert work group agenda for the next few years.
- Joint survey by Thinking Networks AG and the ICV examines how controlling is set up in relation to decentralized planning. The results will be published at the end of the year.
- In the ICV publication series the "Controlling Start-Ups & Start-Up Initiatives - Guidelines for Managers and Controllers for the Correct Handling of Young Companies” appears.
- On July 25 the ICV is one of the more than 200 guests at the "Africa Forum Bavaria" in Munich.
- The ICV calls for participation in the International Observatory of Performance Manager, which takes place in 40 countries worldwide.
- The joint work group of the ICV and German-Russian Chamber of Commerce meets on July 31 at the CLAAS company in Krasnodar, southern Russia.
- In the 2019 summer picture campaign, the ICV invites to take pictures with the ICV cloth bag and send them in.
- Jannis Friedag, Junior Executive Advisor of the ICV, and Khai Tran from the ICV expert work group "Start-up Controlling" work on a new format "Young Finance Professionals", with which the ICV will address this target group in the future.
- Successful digitization projects are the focus of the Controlling Conference Switzerland - CTS 2019 on September 25 in Rotkreuz.
- "Controlling North German - Well Trimmed for the Future" is the motto of the successful ICV conference on September 27/28 in Hamburg.
- Extraordinary meeting of the ICV expert work group "Future of Work" in the Stuttgart Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO.
- On September 19, the ICV expert work group webinar Project Controlling is headed by Klaus Schopka, Head of the ICV expert work group of the same name and Delegate of the GPM e.V.
- Sino-German Controlling Forum “Controlling for Efficiency“ on 20.09.2019 in Suzhou, China.
- Successful International Controller Health Conference / Health Care Forum, Austria organized by the ICV sector work group Health Care Austria, on September 25/26 in Vienna.
- The Controller Magazin Special "Controlling International" 2019 is published with articles from the world of controlling; from Poland to the Balkans to China and South Africa as well as from the ICV expert work groups.
- The joint Next Generation Finance Benchmarking Campaign by SAP and the ICV starts.
- The ICV is present as a partner at the 33rd Stuttgart Controlling & Management Forum on October 10/11.
- On October 10 together with the ICV the Péter Horváth Foundation's Green Controlling Award 2019 is given in Stuttgart to VERBUND AK for the "Green Finance" program.
- Board Member Siegfried Gänßlen discusses in the FINANCE-TV the topic of “Continuing Education in Controlling” on October 16
- The ICV Think Tank has a new focus: "Controlling in times of crisis". It presents it in the newsletter "Think Tank Quarterly".
- As Head of the Editorial Department and Advisory Board of the ICV ControllingWiki, ICV Board Member Karl-Heinz Steinke succeeds Guido Kleinhietpaß.
- New head of the work group Poznan is Maciej Czosnowski.
- ALPLA Werke Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co KG from Hard in Austria is the 200th corporate member of the ICV.
- On November 7, the ICV conference “Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2019” is a complete success.
- Webinar of the ICV expert work group "Controlling & Quality" on November 11 with Frank Ahlrichs and Benedikt Sommerhoff.
- ICV Board and Board of Trustees discuss strategic issues at a joint meeting on November 15.
- The 7th International Controlling Conference Croatia - ICCC 2019 is a great success on November 15 in Zagreb; with the ICV trustees Prof. Dr. Utz Schäffer and Prof. Detlev R. Zillmer as speakers.
- The ICV conference "Controlling Inspiration Berlin - CIB 2019" runs successfully on November 16.
- Executives from 10 countries discuss strategic questions at the ICV Management Conference.
- ICV Newcomer Award at CIB 2019: 1st place: Daniel Braun and Jakob Merz, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management; 2nd place: Gernot Domes, Carinthia University of Applied Sciences; 3rd place: Anna Adam, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University.
- “Controlling in Family Businesses”, headed by Jakub Tomaszewski, is the first Polish expert work group.
- On December 5 SAP and the ICV launch and present in a joint webinar the Next Generation Finance Benchmarking Campaign.
- On December 13 in Moscow, with the participation of the ICV, the 90th anniversary of the Business Administration Faculty of the State Technical Baumann University is celebrated.
- Annegret Glöckner becomes Executive Advisor of the ICV. She supports the cooperation with the corporate members.
- Martin Herrmann ends his honorary position as ICV Regional Delegate Germany West. Martin Schulte follows him on January 1, 2020.