The International Association of Controlles in annual reviews
Annual review 2018
- Since January 1 Markus Steiner has followed Siegfried Hampl as the ICV Regional Delegate Switzerland.
- January 11: Premiere in the young ICV cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Ostwestfalen-Lippe (OWL). Students presented their term papers in front of an audience, et al from the ICV work group Westfalen, as graduation from the Project Management Module by Prof. Dr. Christian Faupel.
- On January 12 the Board discusses goals and budget for the new year.
- On January 13 the ICV Board and Board of Trustees lead constructive and lively discussions at their joint meeting under the working title "ICV 4.0".
- Dr. Adrianna Lewandowska (Poznan) is appointed as strategic ICV Executive Advisor, Poland.
- Roland Berger and the ICV provide results of the "9th Operational Efficiency Radar 2018". The ICV Chairman and co-author of the study, Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler: „Controlling gets stronger in focus and the topic of production efficiency will be above everything this year."
- Since the beginning of the year the ICV has welcomed further companies as corporate members: SICK AG, Infomotion GmbH, Blackline Systems GmbH, Woodmark Consulting AG, cosnova GmbH, Eppendorf AG, Eissmann Automotive Deutschland GmbH
- Restart of the WG Rhein-Main on February 2. Thorsten Balzer is chosen for the Head of the WG and Jörg Kaszubowski for his Deputy.
- On February 28 the "Controlling eNews" is published in the new layout. Especially the now responsive design ensures for reading comfort on a desktop, notebook, tablet and smartphone.
- On March 13 in Shanghai a meeting on "Risk management & controlling” takes place, organized together with the German Chamber of Commerce Shanghai.
- On March 22 in Taicang a workshop "Project controlling in practice" is organized together.
- For the second time the "Wirtschaftszeitung" of the “Mittelbayerische Zeitung" hosts in cooperation with the ICV a very successful "Controlling Forum" in Regensburg. Theme on March 22: "Green Controlling".
- In the Controller Magazin the ICV Board give an interview "Quo Vadis Controlling" and shows how they see the future of the controller’s profession, what that means for the development of the ICV and how they want to lead the authoritative controlling association in the German-speaking countries into the future.
- The new Dream Car Report of the ICV Think Tank on "Digital Business Model Innovations - Controlling in the Digital Transformation" is available on the ICV website, free of charge, ready for download.
- With the Digital Board Room in the SAP headquarters Walldorf the ICV Board have a special venue for the meeting on March 28.
- End of March: There are three nominees for the "ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2018": Brau Union Österreich AG, Linz; Robert Bosch GmbH, Division Powertrain Solutions (Diesel Systems), Stuttgart; Verband der Ersatzkassen e.V. (vdek), Berlin.
- The 17th Adriatic Controlling Conference - ACC Slovenia 2018 takes place successfully on April 19-20 in Thermana Lasko, with 120 participants
- Europe's largest controlling conference, the 43rd Congress of Controllers, is opened on April 23 in Munich with around 550 guests.
- With a CongressApp at the 43rd Congress of Controllers (April 23-24) the host ICV makes all important information for this controlling highlight 2018 available.
- In cooperation with the "Wirtschaftszeitung" from the publishing house "Mittelbayerische Zeitung" the ICV publishes a "Congress Paper" for the 43rd Congress of Controllers for the first time.
- The "ICV Controlling Excellence Award 2018" goes to the Robert Bosch GmbH, Powertrain Solutions Division (Diesel Systems), Stuttgart, for the solution: "Big Data-Based Approach to Optimizing Net Working Capital at Bosch / Diesel Systems".
- Well-known companies started the ICV corporate membership: Robert Bosch France SAS, CMGPR Deutschland GmbH/Weber Shandwick Deutschland, TRIFINANCE GmbH, Erne Fiitings GmbH, Horsch Maschinen GmbH, CCC Group (Poland), Doppelmayr Seilbahnen GmbH.
- The RMA and the ICV released a publication "Networking of risk management and controlling" together.
- Emotional climax at the ICV General Meeting is the information about the change at the Association’s management. Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler follows Siegfried Gänßlen as the Chairman of the Board. The new Vice-Chairman is Matthias von Daacke.
- On May 15, the application deadline ends for the ICV Controlling Newcomer Award 2018. 14 theses from the German-speaking countries are submitted.
- At the 8th International Controlling Conference the Chairman of the Russian Controller Association, Prof. Dr. Sergey Falko, welcomed on May 18/19 in Nizhni Novgorod international guests, also from the ICV.
- The ICV works intensively and fulfills the tasks arising from the GDPR coming in force in the end of May.
- Dr. Walter Schmidt starts to hand over his function as the Delegate for the expert work groups on Christian Bramkamp.
- In Poland the restructuring of the ICV starts. Dr. Tomasz M. Zielinski follows Edyta Szarska as the Regional Delegate.
- On June 9 in Gdansk the 2018 General Meeting of the International Group of Controlling (IGC) led by Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler, Chairman of the ICV and the IGC.
- Before summer the ICV can welcome new corporate members: Siemens AG, Walter AG, fme AG, BLACHOTRAPEZ Sp. z.o.o., PKN Orlen (Polski Koncern Naftowy Orlen), Gornoslaskie Przedsiebiorstwo Wodociagow S.A., SAP Österreich GmbH, Jumbo-Markt AG, ARAG SE.
- As Detect Value GmbH starts its ICV corporate membership on July 1, the company is the 150th corporate member at the ICV.
- On July 1, the Chairman of the ICV Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler is appointed the Dean at the Campus Steyr of the FH Upper Austria.
- At the beginning of the month new "Quarterly" of the ICV Think Tank is released on the topic "Controlling of start-ups and start-up initiatives."
The ICV Communications Team starts the picture action with the ICV fabric bag on summer holiday tour.
- On September 7 the 6th Sino-German Controlling Forum on "Controlling for sustainability" is held in Suzhou, organized together by the ICV, CA controller akademie and other partners.
- On September 14 the ICV founds in a new work group WG Novi Sad Serbia. The Head of the WG is Prof. Dr. Veselin Perovic.
- On September 19 in Stuttgart the Green Controlling Award 2018 of the Péter Horváth Foundation in cooperation with the ICV goes to Aida Cruises for the project "Green Cruising".
- The ICV Health Care Forum Austria 2018 on September 20 in the Donauspital Vienna is very successful with a current program, excellent speakers and 150 guests once again.
- What a digital and agile reporting can look like and where Swiss companies are in it, the "Controlling Conference Switzerland - CTS 2018" presents on September 25 in Zug (CH).
- The English-speaking "Controlling International" reports from the non-German speaking controlling community.
- The ICV is Gold Partner at "Management and Controlling Congress" on October 9 at the Institute of Economic and Technological Management (IWT) at the HS Ostwestfalen Lippe e.V.
- An initial meeting of the ICV expert work group "Future of Work" takes place on October 26 in Berlin-Mitte.
- The regional ICV work group West III celebrates its 30th anniversary on October 26 at its 67th meeting. Congratulations from the Board.
- From now on a new publication, Report from the Expert Work Groups, will be released once a quartal reporting from the expert work groups.
- With its Twitter account @ControllingNews the ICV surpasses the 800-follower threshold.
- The ICV is also 2018 Patron of the BMMAwards. The Award is given in the presence of the ICV Board Member Siegfried Gänßlen on November 13.
- On the November 15 in Zagreb the 6th International Conference on Controlling - ICCC 2018 welcomes 200 guests from Croatia and abroad.
- The organizers of the ICV conference in West Germany, 14th Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2018 on November 15, can be happy about a significantly increased number of participants.
- On November 22 at the IBM Client Center in Stuttgart the ICV conference "16th Controlling Competence Stuttgart - CCS 2018" takes place under the headline "Prepare for your future!" and is very successful.
- The ICV Controlling Newcomer Award goes to Gero Hippke, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Kathrin Hermann, Baden-Wurttemberg Cooperative State University, Stuttgart, and to Dominik Große, Otto-Friedrich-University of Bamberg.
- The ICV conference 17th Controlling Insights Steyr – CIS 2018, is very successful on November 23 with top-class speakers, most satisfied guests in a "full house" and perfect organization.
- The ICV supports the 14th Symposium Business Intelligence on November 29.
- On the ICV Management Conference on December 1 in Munich the Board of Directors and regional delegates discuss next development steps of the Association.
- „Digitalization, robotization and business intelligence in controlling” is the title of International Controlling Conference "Controlling Intelligence Advantage - CIA 2018" on December 3/4 in Poznan.
- Also in the 4th quarter the ICV wins new corporate memberships: Ampol-Merol Sp. z o.o, SOLET Sp. z o.o, Roto Frank AG, Wacker Chemie AG, Wolters Kluwer / CCH Tagetik, ZG Raiffeisen e.G., ENGIE EC SLUPSK, HOLTER Verwaltungs GmbH, ProSiebenSat 1 Media SE, Codes Systems Sp. z.o.o, Rockwool Global Business Services (PL), ElitMind Sp. z.o.o.
- In the ICV publication series, "Excellence in Reporting Design" is released
Annual review 2017
- The study "Operation Efficiency Radar", developed together by Roland Berger and the ICV, shows the "top leverage for the CFO agenda 2017". A more efficient production and an optimized product portfolio remain the most important topics of the CFO agenda.
- On January 20/21 the ICV Board and Board of Trustees met in Munich. The Board focused on the budget and annual goals 2017. At the meeting with the Board of Trustees consequences of disruptive development for controllers and for the ICV were discussed.
- The ICV welcomed three new corporate members in January: the Berliner Verkehrsbetrieben - public transport company, Krones AG and the Swiss Paraplegic Foundation.
- The ICV Think Tank deals with the topic "Digital business model innovations and the role of the controller". About the results informs in 2017 regularly a newsletter "Think Tank | Quarterly".
- Dr. Herwig R. Friedag, Head of the "International Work Group" at the ICV, explained in an online interview the secret of success of the English-speaking team with members from 6 different European countries.
- The ICV expert work group “Project Controlling” organizes its “45th Project Controlling Forum” on February 17/18.
- Early February Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Péter Horváth, honorary member of the International Association of Controllers, celebrates his 80th birthday
- The WHU Controller Panel touches in a study on the topic of remuneration of controllers and supported by the ICV media invites to an online survey. The Panel, started in 2006 in cooperation with the ICV, has over 1 000 members, including a large number of the ICV members.
- Martin Schulte follows Britta Metzen as a Head of the work group West III.
- Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu, WP Performance Systems GmbH, itelligence AG, Scheuch GmbH and RATIONAL AG join the ICV.
- Dr. Richard Lutz, ICV member for many years and Deputy Chairman of the ICV Board of Trustees becomes new Deutsche Bahn Chairman.
- On March 31, the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen holds the keynote speech at the international conference „Controlling Intelligence Advantage – CIA 2017“. For the first time the "ICV Controller Award ICV Poland" is given. Winner: Wioletta Nowak, Finance Manager at HORTIMEX.
- The bofrost Dienstleistungs GmbH & Co. KG is a generous host of the 31st work group meeting of the ICV expert work group Communication Controlling on March 16/17.
- 140 participants had the Wirtschaftszeitung Forum "Controlling 4.0 - Digital Controlling in times of increasingly networked companies" on March 16 in Regensburg. Organizer is the Medienhaus Regensburg in cooperation with the ICV.
- At the 11th Sankt Augustiner Controlling Conference of the University Bonn-Rhein-Sieg on March 10 the ICV shows the flag with an information stand.
- Since April 2017 there has been an exclusive ICV XING group for members, with the goal to enable the internal ICV exchange.
- At the ICV General Meeting on May 14 in Munich participate ca. 150 members. The Board, Board of Trustees and Auditors are discharged, Eberhard Schwarz is elected to the new auditor, longtime members are honored and the decision to increase the fee since 2018 is made.
- The 42nd Controller Congress "Agile controlling in the digital reality - managing upheavals successfully” on May 15/16 in Munich has 658 participants. The keynote is held by the new Deutsche Bahn CEO Dr. Richard Lutz, Deputy Chairman of the ICV Board of Trustees.
- The Controller Award 2017 of the ICV is given on the 42nd Controller Controller to EDEKA Südwest. The team "Corporate Development" of the business area Controlling is awarded for "an innovative, direction giving solution to the comprehensive change of the management system and controlling".
- The 5th ICV Serbia Controller Congress "Business Digitalization – - Controller 4.0" on May 26 in Belgrade has 400 participants.
- The Russian edition of the ICV publication "Working Capital Management" is presented. The work of the ICV expert work group "Working Capital Management" was already available in English.
- The expert work group „BI/Big Data and Controlling“ starts the „ICV Digitalization Offensive”. With webinars, Business Innovation Labs, action research and boot camp workshops, case studies, it should answer the question: What changes in controlling do you have to prepare yourself for?
- On June 28 the ICV is present in Ulm at the 3rd Symposium of the work group "Industrie 4.0 - business management issues in focus" with a speaker and an information stand.
- In its White Paper "Integrated Reporting" the ICV expert work group "Green Controlling" presents IR as a chance to build a holistic corporate management and makes practical suggestions for the implementation of IR.
- ICV speakers appear in Barcelona on the 7th Catalan Accounting and Management Congress with over 650 participants.
- For the first time the CA controller akademie organizes in cooperation with the ICV a conference “Sustainability & Controlling” (June 22 in Munich).
- On June 24 in Berlin a successful premiere: 80 enthusiastic participants praised the 1st ICV Controlling Barcamp.
- The ICV expert work group Green Controlling works on the topic of „Sustainability Analytics“ at its meeting on July 6.
- On July 7 in the Russian Kaliningrad the 10th International Controlling Conference takes place with ca. 100 participants. German-speaking guest speaker: Dietmar Pascher, Partner and Trainer of the CA controller akademie and the ICV member for many years.
- The new ICV expert work group "Compliance Management & Controlling" is „born“ on July 12 in Hanover with its first meeting. The WG is headed by Rainer Vieregge and Stefan Becker.
- Claudia Maron (DATEV), Head of the WG Franken, is elected for the new Delegate Germany South by the work group leaders. The Board confirmed the nomination unanimously.
- In July/August the ICV welcomes further new corporate members: Volkswagen Bus & Truck GmbH, BASF, Stiebel Eltron, Aprimano Consulting as well as Transgourmet Deutschland GmbH & Co.
- With the action "ICV Bags on Summer Tour" the ICV Team PR / New Media collects holiday pictures with the legendary ICV cloth bags and posts them in the online media.
- The issue September / October of the Controller Magazin is published with a special in English “Controlling International”, edition supported by the ICV.
- The DKB Deutsche Kreditbank AG starts its ICV corporate membership.
- Anja Gondolf resigns her position as a head of the WG Rhein-Main.
- More than 130 guests from the Chinese-German economy took part on the Sino-German Controlling Forum in Suzhou near Shanghai on 8.9. Keynote: Matthias von Daacke, Member of the ICV Board.
- On September 20 in Stuttgart the Green Controlling Award of the Péter Horváth Foundation together with the ICV is given for the solution "Business management of CO2 target achievement at Porsche".
- The Regional Conference North on September 22/23 in Bremen proves itself as a "big happening for all North German controllers”.
- Successful reboot of the Controller Conference of the Swiss work groups on 26.9. in Zug: successful cooperation of the region Switzerland in the ICV and the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts - Institute for Financial Services Zug IFZ.
- On 28.9. in Vienna this year's ICV Forum Healthcare Austria offers more than 145 participants a broad range of topics.
- As part of the ICV digitalization offensive from September to November a survey "Digitalization the economy - challenges and potentials of BI, Big Data and Cloud" as well as webinars and Business Innovation Labs organized by the partners take place.
- On October 9 the WG Franken chooses Elisabeth Herrle to the Head of the WG and Günter Zumsande to her deputy.
- The English-speaking WG International Work Group chooses Romina Orescovic to its leader.
- Change of the leadership in the sector work group Insurance: Volker Schmidt succeeds Claus Höppner.
- The 5th International Controlling Conference Croatia – ICCC 2017 on November 8 in Zagreb has 200 participants.
- On 9/10.11 the ICV is guest at the Bavarian-Russian Conference Economics at the Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- At the 4th Leadership Symposium for the medium-sized companies on 11.14 in Böblingen the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen as a patron gives the award "Best management in the medium-sized companies".
- The ICV welcomes Init AG für digitale Kommunikation as a 20th new member company of 2017.
- The 17th Controlling Innovation Berlin – CIB 2017 on November 18 focuses on digitalization and analytics.
- At the CIB 2017 the ICV Controlling Newcomer Award goes to graduates from Berlin, Graz and Kaiserslautern. 1st place: Doreen Semper, Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin.
- Leadership change in the WG Zurich Eastern Switzerland: Heike Winter follows Markus Steiner.
- The 13th Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2017 takes place on 16.11 with motto: "Modern controlling - well-founded and proven in practice".
- The 15th Controlling Competence Stuttgart – CCS 2017 " Controlling - Creating future: efficient and innovative actions" takes place on November 23 in the IBM Kunden-Center.
- Also in 2017 a sold out 16th Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2017 on November 24, "Trends and Best Practices in the Digital Reality", with 356 guests.
- The ICV Management Conference on November 25 in Munich with 60 participants from 11 countries takes place, for the first time in English.
- The ICV Board allocates the 2nd ICV Controlling Barcamp from May 12, 2018 to Leipzig.
Annual review 2016
- Carmen Zillmer (Dipl.-Ing. FH) takes over the Managing Director position on 1 January. She follows Conrad Günther, who, after 26 years as ICV Managing Director, reoriented his career at his own request.
- The ICV Board meets in Munich on January 22/23. The focus is on objectives and budget 2016, a concept of ICV communication controlling as well as the topic of corporate memberships. On the morning of January 23, the Board and the Board of Trustees meet.
- Since January 1, Guido Kleinhietpaß, in the succession of Prof. Ronald Gleich, has headed the Controlling Wiki Editorial Team.
- Siegfried Gänßlen, ICV Chairman of the Board, celebrates his 70th birthday on January 30.
- The 10th St. Augustine Controlling Conference takes place on March 11 at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences. The ICV is a partner of the anniversary conference and presents itself with such prominent speakers as Dr. Dr. h.c.Albrecht Deyhle and Prof. Dr. Dr. mult. Péter Horváth as well as an information stand.
- New companies decide for a corporate membership in the ICV: Welser Profile Austria GmbH, Winkels Getränke Logistik GmbH & Co. Holding KG, WITTENSTEIN AG, IFA-ROTORION Holding GmbH, T-Systems Schweiz AG, The Hackett Group GmbH, TimoCom Soft- und Hardware GmbH as well as Swiss Life AG.
- The meeting of the regional ICV work group West II on March 17/18 is a reboot. The work group is now headed by Bodo Gerlach, Deputy Head of the WG remains Thomas Ruhs.
- A meeting on April 7 at the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences is a new start for the ICV expert group "BI / Big Data and Controlling".
- The April 24 is a very busy day for the ICV Committees: meetings of the Board, the Board of Trustees, the Wiki Editorial Team as well as the expert work groups are held in Munich.
- On the evening of April 24 the ICV General Meeting takes place in Munich. New members are chosen for to the ICV Board of Trustees: Dr. Peter Petrin, from 1 January 2017 Rector of the HWZ University of Economics Zurich and Dr. Jörg Engelbergs, VP Controlling, Zalando SE.
- As a Honorary Member of the ICV, the former Chairman Dr. Wolfgang Berger-Vogel is honored at the annual General Meeting. The laudatio speech gives Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler, ICV Deputy Chairman and Chairman of the International Group of Controlling (IGC).
- The 41st Controller Congress on April 25/26 in Munich with the title “Planning and managing in the time of digital transformation - Change. Impulse. Chances“ is a great success. The congress with 596 attendees directs the controlling community's attention to the effects of digitization for company management.
- The Controller Award 2016 of the ICV is given to the controlling team of Covestro Deutschland AG at the 41st Controller Congress.
- On April 29/30 in Leipzig, WGs Sachsen and Thüringen meet together. On the first day, they are guests at Porsche Leipzig GmbH, on the second in Leipziger City at eureos GmbH where they intensively discuss the topic "key figures".
- The 7th International Controlling Conference of the Russian Controller Association on the topic of "Service Controlling" takes place on May 13 in the Russian industrial city of Kaluga, supported by the ICV.
- The 10th Controlling Intelligence Advantage - CIA 2016, an annual ICV congress in Poland, takes place on May 19/20, for the first time in the Polish capital, Warsaw. Theme: "Changes & Chances for Controllers".
- The 4th ICV Congress of Serbian Controllers on May 20 is a huge success: 500 controllers and CFOs meet in Belgrade and experience a diverse program with 27 speakers.
- On May 21, the General Meeting of the International Group of Controlling (IGC) takes place in Hamburg. For the first time, an international comparison between USA, South-East Europe, DACH countries and the Netherlands shows the status quo and the latest trends in controlling.
- In Spain, the ICV WG supports Spanish Controlling Conference in Lerida on May 27.
- At the 9th Controlling Conference of the "Kaliningrad Club of Controllers" on June 1, Jasmina Očko, Head of ICV WG Croatia, and Dragica Erculj, ICV Regional Delegate of South Eastern Europe, Head of ICV WG Slovenia are international speakers.
- This year the English speaking "International Work Group" starts its project in Zielona Gora (Poland) at the LUG company on June 3. The 16 WG members from different countries discuss also in the months between workshops at LUG in Poland, including consultations and meetings.
- On June 8, the ICV in Ulm supports the symposium "Business Models 4.0 - Identifying and Implementing Business Models in the Context of Industrie 4.0" by the IPRI Institute, Ulm University and IHK Ulm.
- A joint meeting of the ICV WG Nord II and Franken on June 9/10 at the company Niehoff in Schwabach is a complete success.
- The ICV welcomes three new corporate members: in Poland Grupa Azoty and the IT service provider Controlling Systems; in Germany the Codec GmbH from Köln.
- The ICV Dream Factory publishes in July the results of its focus 2015 / 2016. The Dream Car Report "Business Analytics | The Road to Data-Driven Corporate Performance Management" is now available for download on the ICV website.
- The ICV Controlling Blog publishes a survey among ICV work group leaders from 9 countries on the forthcoming European Football Championship. No one predicts the future champion Portugal correctly,
- At its summer meeting, the ICV Board decides on a major innovation for the 42nd Controller Congress on May 15/16, 2017: For the first time, the lectures in plenum will be translated live into English, and an English-speaking cluster will be held on Monday.
- The ICV expert work group Communication Controlling is present at the 9th Swiss Communications Controlling Conference on June 30 at the Zurich University of Economics and Business Administration (HWZ).
- In the late summer and autumn, preparatory meetings are held to found the new ICV expert work groups "Digital Transformation 4.0" and "Start-up Controlling". The start-up phase is to be successfully completed by the 2017 Congress.
- The ICV welcomes further corporate members: Gebr. Becker GmbH and Media Focus Schweiz GmbH.
- The ICV Dream Factory is launching its new topic of the year, "Digital Business Model Innovations and the Controller’s Role”; on the side of Horváth & Partners - under a new leadership.
- The successful 4th Chinese-German Controlling Forum held in Shanghai on September 9, organized by China Controlling and the German Foreign Trade Chamber in China, is supported by the International Association of Controllers (ICV) also this year.
- The 17th International Controller Health Conference / Forum Healthcare Austria runs successfully in Vienna on September 29.
- On September 21, the Green Controlling Award 2016 is given to Robert Bosch GmbH and DATEV eG at the Stuttgart Controlling Forum.
- Top managers of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) visit the German controlling pioneer, Dr. Dr. h.c. Albrecht Deyhle. IMA President and CEO Jeff Thomson, in the presence of ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen, appreciates the life performance of Albrecht Deyhle. The leaders of the ICV, CA controller academie and IMA use the meeting to explore ways of cooperation.
- The "Controller Magazine", issue September / October, is published with the English-language supplement "Controlling International". It reports from the international controlling community in many layers.
- In Ljubljana on October 25, 140 attendees take part in the Slovenian ICV conference 16th Adriatic Controlling Conference - ACC 2016.
- International experts from Germany, Austria and Poland speak at the ICV conference 4th International Controlling Conference in Croatia - ICCC 2016 "The Future of Controlling has already begun" in Zagreb on July 8, with 170 participants.
- The ICV is present at the Stuttgart Big Data Conference on November 10 in lectures, with its own stand and as a cooperation partner in the information materials.
- On November 12, the company management of start-ups is the focus of the 16th Controlling Innovation Berlin - CIB 2016 organized by the ICV work groups from the East Germany region, with more than 140 guests.
- At the CIB 2016, the 2016 Controlling Newcomer Award for the best closing-studies thesis on controlling is given to Selina Rogers, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Stuttgart, the second place to Fynn Kohn, FH Kiel and the third to Dominic Danial Djannesari, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar.
- The ICV regional conference 12th Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2016 on November 17 in Bonn under the motto "Controllers’ role between innovation and risks" is attended by 70 guests.
- On November 17, the successful founding meeting of the new regional ICV work group Oberpfalz takes place in Regensburg with the head of the WG Christian Kaiser.
- “Sold-out” announces also this year the 15th Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2016 on November 18: 350 participants! The leading controlling conference in Austria is held under the motto "Effectiveness and strength of controlling in the times of change".
- Around 150 participants attend the ICV regional conference 14th Controlling Competence Stuttgart - CCS 2016 under the title "The world in change: What influences controlling and controllers?" on November 24 at the IBM Client Center Ehningen near Stuttgart.
- At the ICV Management Meeting on November 26 in Munich, the Board, Delegates, the Office and other ICV experts from 5 countries discuss the professionalization and internationalization of the Association as a basis for the ICV further sustainable development.
- On November 28, the Spanish edition of the book "Working Capital Management" developed by the ICV expert group and translated by the regional work group Spain is presented in Barcelona.
- The ICV welcomes further new corporate members: macs Software GmbH, swilar GmbH, Bühler Motor GmbH and Mittelbayerischer Verlag KG.
- The open meeting of the Committee for Taxation, Accounting and Controlling of the German-Russian Chamber of Foreign Trade on December 14 in Moscow under the title "Controlling in Russia" is another milestone for the development of a cooperation between the ICV and Chamber.
2015 annual review
The International Controller Association (ICV) celebrated in 2015 its 40th anniversary. The following summary shows how the ICV in the jubilee year brought controllers, CFOs, managers and scientists together, how it put in the center experience exchange, networking and future-oriented topics, how it combined experiences from the practice and new research trends and how it prepared knowledge for the company practice. The ICV has again made a significant contribution to personal success of its members and to the sustainable performance of companies.
Many thanks to all who have participated in our activities in this great year!
We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New 2016 Year!
The readers of the "Controller's e-News" started the new year with positive expectations. According to the Economic Survey 2015 38% of them expect an improved outcome of their companies; but it is also visible that they’re afraid of extremely volatile markets as well as the Ukrainian crisis and the Eurozone-crisis.
On February 1, the first edition of the controlling postgraduates studies carried out by the prestigious Warsaw School of Economics, Szkola Handlowa Glówna (the 100th ICV corporate member) together with the ICV ended.
In March the ICV launches two surveys: with BARC on "Advanced Planning" and the ICV Dream Factory (Ideenwerkstatt) Survey on the impact of Industrie 4.0 on controlling and controllers.
On February 20, 140 controllers and CFOs visited the 20th meeting of the WG Serbia organized in collaboration of the IBM and the ICV.
On March 19-20, the ICV expert work group “Communication controlling” meets for the 25th time. A worthy setting for the jubilee meeting creates the MAN Diesel & Turbo SE in the Otto-Meyer-Villa in Augsburg.
The ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen holds on March 20 at the "2nd International Congress for Family Business" in Poznan a lecture in front of 300 listeners.
The German “Controller Magazin” Issue March / April celebrates the 40th anniversary of the magazine, which from the beginning is also the magazine of the ICV members.
On the ICV General Assembly on April 19, the ICV Board Members Siegfried Gänßlen (the ICV Chairman), Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler (Vice-Chairman) and Karl-Heinz Steinke were reelected. For the Board Members who do not candidate again: Marcus H. Haegi-Largo, Dr. Adrianna Lewandowska and Dr. Walter Schmidt new Board Member are elected: Matthias von Daacke, Dr. Klaus Eiselmayer and Malgorzata Podskarbi. Dr. Schmidt supports the Managing Board in a new position as Executive Advisor. In the ICV Board of Trustees headed by Prof. Dr. Dr. hc Jürgen Weber Dr. Klaus Schuberth, Pauline Seidermann and Prof. Detlev R. Zillmer are elected.
For the General Assembly the new ICV Homepage is online. The Association realizes this way within the budget and time frames one of the largest projects of recent years.
The 40th Controller Congress on April 20-21 proves again with top-notch speakers, top current issues, a worthy Controller Award Winner 2015, more than 550 participants and excellent organization that it’s the leading European controlling conference. During the Congress the 40th anniversary of the ICV is celebrated. ICV-founder and Honorary Chairman Dr. Dr. hc Albrecht Deyhle as keynote speaker talks about 40 years of controlling development from his perspective.
The Controller Award 2015 given at the 40th Congress Controller goes to the RWE AG in Essen. A project team led by Dr. Peter Scherpereel, Head of Controlling Generation & Trading tested there the influence of "biases", conceptual simplifications, on decision-making processes as well as developed techniques for improving of decision-making quality.
For the 40th Controller Congress the ICV publishes in its publication series a new title: "Modern Value Orientation". The publication is an interdisciplinary project to approach the change in the economic management culture. Authors are directors of ICV expert work groups.
How do sustainability aspects find its way to investment decisions of companies? The ICV offers a guide, also for the 40th Controller Congress. The white paper "Investment Controlling 2.0 - planning and implementation of investments to achieve the sustainability goals" developed the ICV expert work group Green Controlling.
On April 23, the 6th International Controlling Congress "Current challenges of controlling and demands on controllers" takes place in Vladimir. The event is organized by the Russian Controller Association with guests from Russia, Bulgaria, Germany and Estonia.
Conference “Swiss Healthcare 2015” organized by the Swiss ICV sector work group “Healthcare runs successfully on May 7 with 115 participants.
Two work groups’ anniversaries in May: the WG Heilbronn-Künzelsau meets for the 20th time, the sector WG “Energy + Water” for the 30th time. The WG Heilbronn-Künzelsau at the meeting on May 8 participated by the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen, a new WG Board. As the successor Rainer Linse, former deputy Fritz Häussermann is elected, Mikael Moses is the new deputy.
On May 7 the ICV and Swiss Association for Medicine Controlling SGfM in Basel organize International Healthcare Conference "Cost and performance pressure in Healthcare".
Meeting place for controllers and CFOs from Polish and international companies is the 9th International Controller Congress on May 11-12 in Poznan (PL). It takes place under the motto "Big Data - Big Challenge". At the meeting Dr. Adrianna Lewandowska hands over the leadership of the ICV in Poland to Edyta Szarska.
The General Assembly of the International Group of Controlling (IGC), chaired by ICV Board Member Prof. Heimo Losbichler celebrates mid-May in Budapest the 20th anniversary of the IGC. Dr. Lukas Rieder from the Executive Committee hands over his role to Prof. Klaus Möller from the University of St. Gallen. The importance of the IGC confirms that the Vice-President Research and Policy of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) participates at the meeting.
At the 3rd ICV Congress of Controllers Serbia on May 20 organized under the motto "Controller as a Business Partner", the Head of the ICV work group Serbia, Bojan Šćepanović, welcomes 350 controllers and CFOs. For this occasion, the Serbian Controlling Magazine is published in which the ICV appears with its own pages - as in sister publications in Germany and Poland.
At the University Abat Olvia, Barcelona, 6th ACCID Congress takes place May 28-29 and is supported by the ICV WG Spain. With Heimo Losbichler, ICV Deputy Chairman and Chairman of the International Group of Controlling (IGC), and Dr. Hendrik Vater, Head of ICV expert work Working Capital Management and a member of the ICV Board of Trustees, ICV experts have a strong influence on the "Special Program Controlling" at the conference.
Among the speakers of the 8th International Controlling Conference "Strategic Controlling in practice" on May 29 in Kaliningrad are a Minister of the Kaliningrad Region Government as well as Dr. Walter Schmidt, Executive Advisor of the ICV Board. The host Valentin Usenkov, ICV Member and President of the "Controller Club Kaliningrad," welcomes 45 participants.
The first international work group of the ICV, "International Work Group", starts on June 5-6 in Poland with controlling practitioners from Germany, Croatia, Poland, Romania and Slovenia. Host is the Polish family business NOMAX trading. There, the WG Members work out controlling concepts for the European growth plans of the company.
ICV Board Member Karl-Heinz Steinke speaks in front of around 100 listeners at the 4th CFO Conference of the German-Russian Chamber of Commerce on June 17 in Moscow on the ICV year top theme 'Industrie 4.0 and controlling ".
The ICV is the event partner of the symposium "Communications Controlling in the ocean of data" on June 25 at the HWZ Zurich University of Economics. Among the speakers: Rainer Pollmann, Deputy Head of the ICV expert work group “Communications Controlling”.
The IPRI and the University of Ulm organize on June 30 in cooperation with the Chamber of Commerce Ulm and the ICV, a symposium "Industrie 4.0 - business questions in focus". The ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen and Goran Sejdić from the ICV Dream Factory (Ideenwerkstatt) give lecture on the impact of Industrie 4.0 on controlling.
In the 2nd quarter the ICV gets new corporate members: Herrenknecht AG, the world market leader in mechanized tunneling technology, the Gasteig München GmbH, responsible for the center of cultural life in Munich, the BLANCO GmbH & Co. KG, a leading manufacturer of high-quality sinks and kitchen faucets, Trufa GmbH, predictive analytics specialist from Heidelberg and the Wirthwein AG, manufacturer of high quality plastic components with manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia, the USA and headquarters in Creglingen.
The Dream-Car-Report of ICV Dream Factory (Ideenwerkstatt) on ICV top topic 2015 "Industrie 4.0" is available in German and English for download. The highly acclaimed Dream-Car-Report "Industrie 4.0 – Controlling in the era of intelligent networking" explains what is meant by Industrie 4.0, what are opportunities and risks and what are consequences for controllers.
The 40th Forum Project Controlling, organized by the ICV expert work group Project Controlling together with the GPM German Association for Project Management, takes place in Nürnberg on July 10.
The Green Controlling Award is given on September 23 to three companies: Deutsche Telekom AG, VAUDE Sport GmbH & Co. KG and Voith GmbH. Under the motto "With green topics to black numbers!" Péter Horváth Foundation gives annually 10,000 EUR worth Green Controlling Award in cooperation with the ICV.
On September 24 the AKH Wien successfully organizes the 16th International Controller Healthcare Conference / Forum Healthcare Austria.
The September / October issue of the German "Controller Magazin" includes also this year an English supplement "Controlling International" produced by the ICV, with reports mainly from the ICV work groups outside German speaking countries.
Linde Hydraulics GmbH & Co. KG from Aschaffenburg, a global developer and provider of modular drive systems of hydraulic, electrical and electronics, Atlas Ward Polska Sp. z o.o. from Wrocław, Poland, specialized in the construction of production, commercial, stock, sport and trade halls, the Swiss health and accident insurance company, Helsana Versicherungen AG, and Volkswagen Nutzfahrzeuge are the new corporate members in the 3rd Quarter.
In the fall the ICV conducts an online survey on digitization of business processes and the role of controllers. The proportion of involved controllers is very high (72.5%): "When the digitization projects run, controllers are involved, but not always in the lead. They have to go this path further and expand especially their IT affinity” warns ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen.
In early October, the ICV Dream Factory (Ideenwerkstatt) for the first time presents in "NEWS Dream Factory | Quarterly” results of their work on the new focus "Business Analytics". After it became clear working on the themes of "Big Data" and "Industrie 4.0" how much the comprehensive digitization affects and will even more affect in the future the company's management, the ICV Dream Factory focuses on the topic "Business Analytics".
Leading members of the ICV expert work group “Communication controlling” take part in the 2nd Conference "Strategy and Communication Controlling" on October 6, at the Berlin Quadriga-Forum.
On October 9, a conference of the Russian Controller Association "Management and Controlling in times of volatile markets" takes place in Ryazan with international guests and representatives of the ICV.
"Controlling northern Germany - cast off!" is the motto of the successful 5th Regional Conference Germany North in Wismar on October 10, with more than 60 guests.
In the fall of 2015, the Polish ICV work groups focus on data visualization as a basis of effective communication and better decision support.
At its meeting on October 17 in Munich the ICV Board does an extensive job: the Board focuses on the work of the ICV expert work groups and Dream Factory, the concept "ICV Country Strategy", organizational changes in Poland and the strengthening of the ICV in Switzerland.
The 3rd Sino-German Controlling Forum runs successfully on October 22 in Shanghai / China with 120 participants and 6 top-class presentations. Via video transmission the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen is there; also in 2015 the ICV supports the conference again as an event partner.
Dr. Dr. hc Albrecht Deyhle, ICV Honorary Chairman, Siegfried Gänßlen, ICV Chairman, ICV Managing Director Conrad Günther and the ICV Regional Delegate West Martin Hermann say goodbye to Dieter Wäscher, who after 30 years resigns from his function as the Head of the WG West I. The new WG leader is Alexander Großhäuser and his new deputy - Hartmut Ibershoff.
Dr. Walter Schmidt, Executive Advisor of the ICV Board and by April 2015 Board Member by many years takes a new honorary office: he coordinates in the future the ICV expert work groups.
On November 5, the "3rd International Conference Controlling Croatia - ICCC 2015" successfully runs in Zagreb. Among the speakers in front of 150 participants are the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen, ICV Board Member Matthias von Daacke, Head of ICV Dream Facory Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Péter Horváth and the Head of WG Wien-West Günther Pichler. For the first time the best Controller Project in Croatia is awarded.
For the 15th time the ICV makes Berlin the capital of German controlling: On November 7 120 controlling experts arrive to Berlin-Adlershof to "Controlling Innovation Berlin - CIB 2015". At the CIB 2015 the Controlling Newcomer Award sponsored by Haufe is given: 1st prize goes to Dipl.-Ing. Bettina Schoberegger of the FH Joanneum in Graz, the 2nd prize to Thomas Weiszdorn (Friedrich-Alexander University of Nürnberg) and Daniel Erlemann (Hochschule Niederrhein).
The 11th Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2015 organize on November 12 the ICV work groups of the Germany West region. The topics are diverse, all up to date, with 90 the number of participants is significantly higher than in the previous year.
The International Group of Controlling (IGC) ends its work on Controlling Competency Model. The approximately 250-page publication is presented for the first time on the ICV Conference "Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2015"
Again a full house at the "14 Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2015" on November 20! More than 300 participants focus at the Austria's largest controlling conference on two topics 'Industrie 4.0 - Controlling 4.0 "as well as classic challenges of corporate management.
At the 13th Controlling Competence Stuttgart - CCS 2015 on November 26 in the IBM Client Center Ehningen near Stuttgart take part 130 guests this year. The meeting of the South German Controlling Community is held under the motto "Controlling Changes ... in times of Big Data and Industrie 4.0".
Roland Berger and the ICV publish the "Operations Efficiency Radar – The Top Levers for the CFO Agenda 2016" with interesting results: More and more companies take a three-pronged approach and focus simultaneously on measures for growth hedging, efficiency and digitization. While the product portfolio remains in focus, the companies have recognized that more effort is necessary in marketing and sales. Therefore, these measures are back on track for 2016.
The ICV executives from 12 countries are on November 28 in Frankfurt / Main for ICV Management Conference. Board Members, delegates, heads of work groups as well as employees of the Office and the PR Team discuss the ICV goals 2016 and important projects such as membership recruitment, knowledge transfer from Dream Factory and expert work groups in the Community, as well as internationalization.
On December 14 in Stuttgart the "11th Business Intelligence Symposium" takes place under the motto "Making a success of economy’s digitization". Co-organizer is the ICV expert work group "BI / Big Data and Controlling" in cooperation with the host: Institute for Business Intelligence (IBI).
The Hofer KG with headquarters in Sattledt (Austria), DAT German Automobil Treuhand GmbH from Ostfildern, "Information Center for the automotive industry" represented in Europe by subsidiaries and affiliates, PROPHIX Software GmbH from Frankfurt - CPM software vendor are the latest corporate members at the International Controller Association (ICV).
At the end of the year, ICV launches a major study, "Green Controlling 2015 - Where do we stand after 5 years?". Until the end of January 2016, the current status of Green Controlling will be examined. For each completed questionnaire the ICV donates 1 euro for climate protection.