Annual review 2017
- The study "Operation Efficiency Radar", developed together by Roland Berger and the ICV, shows the "top leverage for the CFO agenda 2017". A more efficient production and an optimized product portfolio remain the most important topics of the CFO agenda.
- On January 20/21 the ICV Board and Board of Trustees met in Munich. The Board focused on the budget and annual goals 2017. At the meeting with the Board of Trustees consequences of disruptive development for controllers and for the ICV were discussed.
- The ICV welcomed three new corporate members in January: the Berliner Verkehrsbetrieben - public transport company, Krones AG and the Swiss Paraplegic Foundation.
- The ICV Think Tank deals with the topic "Digital business model innovations and the role of the controller". About the results informs in 2017 regularly a newsletter "Think Tank | Quarterly".
- Dr. Herwig R. Friedag, Head of the "International Work Group" at the ICV, explained in an online interview the secret of success of the English-speaking team with members from 6 different European countries.
- The ICV expert work group “Project Controlling” organizes its “45th Project Controlling Forum” on February 17/18.
- Early February Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Péter Horváth, honorary member of the International Association of Controllers, celebrates his 80th birthday
- The WHU Controller Panel touches in a study on the topic of remuneration of controllers and supported by the ICV media invites to an online survey. The Panel, started in 2006 in cooperation with the ICV, has over 1 000 members, including a large number of the ICV members.
- Martin Schulte follows Britta Metzen as a Head of the work group West III.
- Alpirsbacher Klosterbräu, WP Performance Systems GmbH, itelligence AG, Scheuch GmbH and RATIONAL AG join the ICV.
- Dr. Richard Lutz, ICV member for many years and Deputy Chairman of the ICV Board of Trustees becomes new Deutsche Bahn Chairman.
- On March 31, the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen holds the keynote speech at the international conference „Controlling Intelligence Advantage – CIA 2017“. For the first time the "ICV Controller Award ICV Poland" is given. Winner: Wioletta Nowak, Finance Manager at HORTIMEX.
- The bofrost Dienstleistungs GmbH & Co. KG is a generous host of the 31st work group meeting of the ICV expert work group Communication Controlling on March 16/17.
- 140 participants had the Wirtschaftszeitung Forum "Controlling 4.0 - Digital Controlling in times of increasingly networked companies" on March 16 in Regensburg. Organizer is the Medienhaus Regensburg in cooperation with the ICV.
- At the 11th Sankt Augustiner Controlling Conference of the University Bonn-Rhein-Sieg on March 10 the ICV shows the flag with an information stand.
- Since April 2017 there has been an exclusive ICV XING group for members, with the goal to enable the internal ICV exchange.
- At the ICV General Meeting on May 14 in Munich participate ca. 150 members. The Board, Board of Trustees and Auditors are discharged, Eberhard Schwarz is elected to the new auditor, longtime members are honored and the decision to increase the fee since 2018 is made.
- The 42nd Controller Congress "Agile controlling in the digital reality - managing upheavals successfully” on May 15/16 in Munich has 658 participants. The keynote is held by the new Deutsche Bahn CEO Dr. Richard Lutz, Deputy Chairman of the ICV Board of Trustees.
- The Controller Award 2017 of the ICV is given on the 42nd Controller Controller to EDEKA Südwest. The team "Corporate Development" of the business area Controlling is awarded for "an innovative, direction giving solution to the comprehensive change of the management system and controlling".
- The 5th ICV Serbia Controller Congress "Business Digitalization – - Controller 4.0" on May 26 in Belgrade has 400 participants.
- The Russian edition of the ICV publication "Working Capital Management" is presented. The work of the ICV expert work group "Working Capital Management" was already available in English.
- The expert work group „BI/Big Data and Controlling“ starts the „ICV Digitalization Offensive”. With webinars, Business Innovation Labs, action research and boot camp workshops, case studies, it should answer the question: What changes in controlling do you have to prepare yourself for?
- On June 28 the ICV is present in Ulm at the 3rd Symposium of the work group "Industrie 4.0 - business management issues in focus" with a speaker and an information stand.
- In its White Paper "Integrated Reporting" the ICV expert work group "Green Controlling" presents IR as a chance to build a holistic corporate management and makes practical suggestions for the implementation of IR.
- ICV speakers appear in Barcelona on the 7th Catalan Accounting and Management Congress with over 650 participants.
- For the first time the CA controller akademie organizes in cooperation with the ICV a conference “Sustainability & Controlling” (June 22 in Munich).
- On June 24 in Berlin a successful premiere: 80 enthusiastic participants praised the 1st ICV Controlling Barcamp.
- The ICV expert work group Green Controlling works on the topic of „Sustainability Analytics“ at its meeting on July 6.
- On July 7 in the Russian Kaliningrad the 10th International Controlling Conference takes place with ca. 100 participants. German-speaking guest speaker: Dietmar Pascher, Partner and Trainer of the CA controller akademie and the ICV member for many years.
- The new ICV expert work group "Compliance Management & Controlling" is „born“ on July 12 in Hanover with its first meeting. The WG is headed by Rainer Vieregge and Stefan Becker.
- Claudia Maron (DATEV), Head of the WG Franken, is elected for the new Delegate Germany South by the work group leaders. The Board confirmed the nomination unanimously.
- In July/August the ICV welcomes further new corporate members: Volkswagen Bus & Truck GmbH, BASF, Stiebel Eltron, Aprimano Consulting as well as Transgourmet Deutschland GmbH & Co.
- With the action "ICV Bags on Summer Tour" the ICV Team PR / New Media collects holiday pictures with the legendary ICV cloth bags and posts them in the online media.
- The issue September / October of the Controller Magazin is published with a special in English “Controlling International”, edition supported by the ICV.
- The DKB Deutsche Kreditbank AG starts its ICV corporate membership.
- Anja Gondolf resigns her position as a head of the WG Rhein-Main.
- More than 130 guests from the Chinese-German economy took part on the Sino-German Controlling Forum in Suzhou near Shanghai on 8.9. Keynote: Matthias von Daacke, Member of the ICV Board.
- On September 20 in Stuttgart the Green Controlling Award of the Péter Horváth Foundation together with the ICV is given for the solution "Business management of CO2 target achievement at Porsche".
- The Regional Conference North on September 22/23 in Bremen proves itself as a "big happening for all North German controllers”.
- Successful reboot of the Controller Conference of the Swiss work groups on 26.9. in Zug: successful cooperation of the region Switzerland in the ICV and the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts - Institute for Financial Services Zug IFZ.
- On 28.9. in Vienna this year's ICV Forum Healthcare Austria offers more than 145 participants a broad range of topics.
- As part of the ICV digitalization offensive from September to November a survey "Digitalization the economy - challenges and potentials of BI, Big Data and Cloud" as well as webinars and Business Innovation Labs organized by the partners take place.
- On October 9 the WG Franken chooses Elisabeth Herrle to the Head of the WG and Günter Zumsande to her deputy.
- The English-speaking WG International Work Group chooses Romina Orescovic to its leader.
- Change of the leadership in the sector work group Insurance: Volker Schmidt succeeds Claus Höppner.
- The 5th International Controlling Conference Croatia – ICCC 2017 on November 8 in Zagreb has 200 participants.
- On 9/10.11 the ICV is guest at the Bavarian-Russian Conference Economics at the Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- At the 4th Leadership Symposium for the medium-sized companies on 11.14 in Böblingen the ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen as a patron gives the award "Best management in the medium-sized companies".
- The ICV welcomes Init AG für digitale Kommunikation as a 20th new member company of 2017.
- The 17th Controlling Innovation Berlin – CIB 2017 on November 18 focuses on digitalization and analytics.
- At the CIB 2017 the ICV Controlling Newcomer Award goes to graduates from Berlin, Graz and Kaiserslautern. 1st place: Doreen Semper, Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin.
- Leadership change in the WG Zurich Eastern Switzerland: Heike Winter follows Markus Steiner.
- The 13th Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2017 takes place on 16.11 with motto: "Modern controlling - well-founded and proven in practice".
- The 15th Controlling Competence Stuttgart – CCS 2017 " Controlling - Creating future: efficient and innovative actions" takes place on November 23 in the IBM Kunden-Center.
- Also in 2017 a sold out 16th Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2017 on November 24, "Trends and Best Practices in the Digital Reality", with 356 guests.
- The ICV Management Conference on November 25 in Munich with 60 participants from 11 countries takes place, for the first time in English.
- The ICV Board allocates the 2nd ICV Controlling Barcamp from May 12, 2018 to Leipzig.
Annual review 2016
- Carmen Zillmer (Dipl.-Ing. FH) takes over the Managing Director position on 1 January. She follows Conrad Günther, who, after 26 years as ICV Managing Director, reoriented his career at his own request.
- The ICV Board meets in Munich on January 22/23. The focus is on objectives and budget 2016, a concept of ICV communication controlling as well as the topic of corporate memberships. On the morning of January 23, the Board and the Board of Trustees meet.
- Since January 1, Guido Kleinhietpaß, in the succession of Prof. Ronald Gleich, has headed the Controlling Wiki Editorial Team.
- Siegfried Gänßlen, ICV Chairman of the Board, celebrates his 70th birthday on January 30.
- The 10th St. Augustine Controlling Conference takes place on March 11 at the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences. The ICV is a partner of the anniversary conference and presents itself with such prominent speakers as Dr. Dr. h.c.Albrecht Deyhle and Prof. Dr. Dr. mult. Péter Horváth as well as an information stand.
- New companies decide for a corporate membership in the ICV: Welser Profile Austria GmbH, Winkels Getränke Logistik GmbH & Co. Holding KG, WITTENSTEIN AG, IFA-ROTORION Holding GmbH, T-Systems Schweiz AG, The Hackett Group GmbH, TimoCom Soft- und Hardware GmbH as well as Swiss Life AG.
- The meeting of the regional ICV work group West II on March 17/18 is a reboot. The work group is now headed by Bodo Gerlach, Deputy Head of the WG remains Thomas Ruhs.
- A meeting on April 7 at the Ludwigshafen University of Applied Sciences is a new start for the ICV expert group "BI / Big Data and Controlling".
- The April 24 is a very busy day for the ICV Committees: meetings of the Board, the Board of Trustees, the Wiki Editorial Team as well as the expert work groups are held in Munich.
- On the evening of April 24 the ICV General Meeting takes place in Munich. New members are chosen for to the ICV Board of Trustees: Dr. Peter Petrin, from 1 January 2017 Rector of the HWZ University of Economics Zurich and Dr. Jörg Engelbergs, VP Controlling, Zalando SE.
- As a Honorary Member of the ICV, the former Chairman Dr. Wolfgang Berger-Vogel is honored at the annual General Meeting. The laudatio speech gives Prof. Dr. Heimo Losbichler, ICV Deputy Chairman and Chairman of the International Group of Controlling (IGC).
- The 41st Controller Congress on April 25/26 in Munich with the title “Planning and managing in the time of digital transformation - Change. Impulse. Chances“ is a great success. The congress with 596 attendees directs the controlling community's attention to the effects of digitization for company management.
- The Controller Award 2016 of the ICV is given to the controlling team of Covestro Deutschland AG at the 41st Controller Congress.
- On April 29/30 in Leipzig, WGs Sachsen and Thüringen meet together. On the first day, they are guests at Porsche Leipzig GmbH, on the second in Leipziger City at eureos GmbH where they intensively discuss the topic "key figures".
- The 7th International Controlling Conference of the Russian Controller Association on the topic of "Service Controlling" takes place on May 13 in the Russian industrial city of Kaluga, supported by the ICV.
- The 10th Controlling Intelligence Advantage - CIA 2016, an annual ICV congress in Poland, takes place on May 19/20, for the first time in the Polish capital, Warsaw. Theme: "Changes & Chances for Controllers".
- The 4th ICV Congress of Serbian Controllers on May 20 is a huge success: 500 controllers and CFOs meet in Belgrade and experience a diverse program with 27 speakers.
- On May 21, the General Meeting of the International Group of Controlling (IGC) takes place in Hamburg. For the first time, an international comparison between USA, South-East Europe, DACH countries and the Netherlands shows the status quo and the latest trends in controlling.
- In Spain, the ICV WG supports Spanish Controlling Conference in Lerida on May 27.
- At the 9th Controlling Conference of the "Kaliningrad Club of Controllers" on June 1, Jasmina Očko, Head of ICV WG Croatia, and Dragica Erculj, ICV Regional Delegate of South Eastern Europe, Head of ICV WG Slovenia are international speakers.
- This year the English speaking "International Work Group" starts its project in Zielona Gora (Poland) at the LUG company on June 3. The 16 WG members from different countries discuss also in the months between workshops at LUG in Poland, including consultations and meetings.
- On June 8, the ICV in Ulm supports the symposium "Business Models 4.0 - Identifying and Implementing Business Models in the Context of Industrie 4.0" by the IPRI Institute, Ulm University and IHK Ulm.
- A joint meeting of the ICV WG Nord II and Franken on June 9/10 at the company Niehoff in Schwabach is a complete success.
- The ICV welcomes three new corporate members: in Poland Grupa Azoty and the IT service provider Controlling Systems; in Germany the Codec GmbH from Köln.
- The ICV Dream Factory publishes in July the results of its focus 2015 / 2016. The Dream Car Report "Business Analytics | The Road to Data-Driven Corporate Performance Management" is now available for download on the ICV website.
- The ICV Controlling Blog publishes a survey among ICV work group leaders from 9 countries on the forthcoming European Football Championship. No one predicts the future champion Portugal correctly,
- At its summer meeting, the ICV Board decides on a major innovation for the 42nd Controller Congress on May 15/16, 2017: For the first time, the lectures in plenum will be translated live into English, and an English-speaking cluster will be held on Monday.
- The ICV expert work group Communication Controlling is present at the 9th Swiss Communications Controlling Conference on June 30 at the Zurich University of Economics and Business Administration (HWZ).
- In the late summer and autumn, preparatory meetings are held to found the new ICV expert work groups "Digital Transformation 4.0" and "Start-up Controlling". The start-up phase is to be successfully completed by the 2017 Congress.
- The ICV welcomes further corporate members: Gebr. Becker GmbH and Media Focus Schweiz GmbH.
- The ICV Dream Factory is launching its new topic of the year, "Digital Business Model Innovations and the Controller’s Role”; on the side of Horváth & Partners - under a new leadership.
- The successful 4th Chinese-German Controlling Forum held in Shanghai on September 9, organized by China Controlling and the German Foreign Trade Chamber in China, is supported by the International Association of Controllers (ICV) also this year.
- The 17th International Controller Health Conference / Forum Healthcare Austria runs successfully in Vienna on September 29.
- On September 21, the Green Controlling Award 2016 is given to Robert Bosch GmbH and DATEV eG at the Stuttgart Controlling Forum.
- Top managers of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) visit the German controlling pioneer, Dr. Dr. h.c. Albrecht Deyhle. IMA President and CEO Jeff Thomson, in the presence of ICV Chairman Siegfried Gänßlen, appreciates the life performance of Albrecht Deyhle. The leaders of the ICV, CA controller academie and IMA use the meeting to explore ways of cooperation.
- The "Controller Magazine", issue September / October, is published with the English-language supplement "Controlling International". It reports from the international controlling community in many layers.
- In Ljubljana on October 25, 140 attendees take part in the Slovenian ICV conference 16th Adriatic Controlling Conference - ACC 2016.
- International experts from Germany, Austria and Poland speak at the ICV conference 4th International Controlling Conference in Croatia - ICCC 2016 "The Future of Controlling has already begun" in Zagreb on July 8, with 170 participants.
- The ICV is present at the Stuttgart Big Data Conference on November 10 in lectures, with its own stand and as a cooperation partner in the information materials.
- On November 12, the company management of start-ups is the focus of the 16th Controlling Innovation Berlin - CIB 2016 organized by the ICV work groups from the East Germany region, with more than 140 guests.
- At the CIB 2016, the 2016 Controlling Newcomer Award for the best closing-studies thesis on controlling is given to Selina Rogers, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Stuttgart, the second place to Fynn Kohn, FH Kiel and the third to Dominic Danial Djannesari, WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar.
- The ICV regional conference 12th Controlling Advantage Bonn - CAB 2016 on November 17 in Bonn under the motto "Controllers’ role between innovation and risks" is attended by 70 guests.
- On November 17, the successful founding meeting of the new regional ICV work group Oberpfalz takes place in Regensburg with the head of the WG Christian Kaiser.
- “Sold-out” announces also this year the 15th Controlling Insights Steyr - CIS 2016 on November 18: 350 participants! The leading controlling conference in Austria is held under the motto "Effectiveness and strength of controlling in the times of change".
- Around 150 participants attend the ICV regional conference 14th Controlling Competence Stuttgart - CCS 2016 under the title "The world in change: What influences controlling and controllers?" on November 24 at the IBM Client Center Ehningen near Stuttgart.
- At the ICV Management Meeting on November 26 in Munich, the Board, Delegates, the Office and other ICV experts from 5 countries discuss the professionalization and internationalization of the Association as a basis for the ICV further sustainable development.
- On November 28, the Spanish edition of the book "Working Capital Management" developed by the ICV expert group and translated by the regional work group Spain is presented in Barcelona.
- The ICV welcomes further new corporate members: macs Software GmbH, swilar GmbH, Bühler Motor GmbH and Mittelbayerischer Verlag KG.
- The open meeting of the Committee for Taxation, Accounting and Controlling of the German-Russian Chamber of Foreign Trade on December 14 in Moscow under the title "Controlling in Russia" is another milestone for the development of a cooperation between the ICV and Chamber.